Recipes > Sheer Khurma
Sheer KhurmaJump to Recipe
Here’s a recipe from our friend Mashuda for Sheer Khurma which is a yummy dessert traditionally eaten at Eid:
- 1 litre of full fat milk
- 1 cup broken vermicelli
- 3 tbspn ghee
- 2 tbspn sugar
- 1 tbspn condensed milk
- 10 vertically sliced almonds
- 10 vertically sliced cashews
- 10 vertically sliced pistachios
- 6 de-seeded dates chopped
- ½ tspn cardamom powder
- To make the nuts easy to slice soak in hot water, or boil them for a few minutes, then drain and slice.
- Heat the ghee in a saucepan and add the broken vermicelli and sauté, stirring all the time until golden brown.
- Put the vermicelli into a bowl and then use the saucepan to sauté the nuts in the remaining ghee.
- In a separate large saucepan boil the milk, then reduce the heat and add the vermicelli.
- Add the sugar and condensed milk and cook for a few minutes until the vermicelli has softened. The longer it is cooked the thicker it will become.
- Add the fried nuts and dates and finally the cardamom powder and take off the heat.
- Serve hot in dessert bowls.