Recipes > Tolson Half-Pig Ginger Biscuits
- 300 g Self Raising Flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g margarine
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Glace icing
- Writing icing in different colours
- 160°C 325°F or Gas mark 3
- Weigh the flour into a bowl and add the ground ginger.
- Place the sugar, margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan and heat gently stirring with a wooden spoon.
- When the margarine has melted and the sugar dissolved, add the melted ingredients to the flour mixture.
- Add the milk to the mixture and stir until the mixture comes together.
- Leave the mixture to cool for 30 minutes.
- You can make the templates by printing and cutting out the shapes and then sticking them onto to cardboard and trimming the edges.
- Dust a board with some flour and using a rolling pin roll out the dough until it is the same thickness as a pound coin.
- Cut out your animal shapes using our templates or your own animal cutters.
- Place on a flat baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the edges of the biscuits are slightly golden.
- Leave to cool
- Whilst the biscuits are cooling you can make your icing.
- Sieve 50 g icing sugar into a bowl.
- Add a small amount of hot water to the icing sugar a teaspoon at a time until all the icing is mixed together and the mixture drops softly off the spoon.
- Place the icing into the corner of a small plastic bag, squeezing it into the corner. Then cut off the very tip of the corner of the bag and start icing. Don’t cut off too much as you wont be able to do details very easily.
- You can use writing icing for other colours or mix up some more glace icing and add a few drops of food colouring.